Sunday, 17 April 2016

Washington DC

Going back to Washington DC last summer was so lovely. I lived there for a year when I was 8 and hadn't been back since, so it was so nice to go and see if I still recognised everywhere.

I made sure to take my iPhone and my Canon camera, both would come in helpful for getting shots to remind me forever of the wonderful holiday I had. Being summer meant the lighting in almost every shot was perfect and the shadows would be perfect. Shadows in pictures are important to me, it shows the natural nature of the photograph. 

For me, it's not about taking the picture itself, although I do thoroughly enjoy that part. It's more the editing and the final result. There is nothing like staring all day at a perfectly edited picture and knowing the backstory behind it. So without further ado, I present a few of the pictures I took on that trip.






Adios. 
Gem 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You are such a good photographer! I've always wanted to go to America but I'm scared of flying so the furthest I've been is on a ferry to the isle of Wight ! Great post! X

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah no that sucks! If you ever do get the chance though it's definitely worth the flight! Thanks again :) x

      Delete